Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Wicker Man

Rating: 5.8/10
Genre: Thriller
Overall value for money and time: 5.2/10

I thought the movie title was rather unappealing. Still, I watched this film due to Nicholas Cage. I'm a huge fan of his, so I thought to myself, how bad can this movie be? I went in without any expectations and at the end of it, it felt like your average movie, one to be shown on TV on a weekday night. The built up of the plot was decent, the ending was unexpected and different from your typical movie. Sounds ok so far right? But I don't know, something's lacking in this movie, something big... and I can't seem to find out what it is. So I guess, I have to just leave it as that. A sheriff investigates the missing of a young girl in a town, but ends up discovering a larger mystery. You can give this movie a miss, wouldn't miss out on much anyways.

No comments: