Saturday, December 29, 2007

Mirrormask

Rating: 5.2/10
Genre: Fantasy
Overall value for money and time: 5.0/10

Caught this movie on my local TV channel and I must say, this is quite a horrible film. The setting of the movie is CG dominated, and it gives a dark, dreamy and misty look to it. It just looks too fake for my taste and the plot, doesn't exactly holds one's attention span. This movie is about a young circus girl, who after a good night's rest, finds herself in a fantasy world. To get home, she needs to find an artifact called the mirrormask. However, time is running out and if she fails, she will remain in the fantasy world forever. While this may not be my cup of tea, it almost tastes like coffee to me. Despite being an academy award winner and an official selection which can be seen from a close up view of the poster, you'll probably feel cheated at the end of the movie.

No comments: