Monday, December 17, 2007

Identity

Rating: 8.4/10
Genre: Thriller
Overall value for money and time: 8.7/10

How does one know if a good movie doesn't receive the recognition it deserves? For a fact I can tell you now, cos all you can find is one poster of this movie online, and it's not the one I saw. Many of you may find this movie very foreign, for I don't even recall this movie ever being screened in the cinemas. I have intended to post the poster of how I remembered it to be, however, all I can find is a mini poster of it on imdb.com. The way I got to watch it was because my brother rented it at a video rental store. Starring John Crusack and Amanda Peet, it shouldn't have been such a low profile movie as it is. Another hidden classic, a gem in its own. You may be turned off by the title or even the poster itself, but take my word for it, highly recommended film that you definately will not regret! There's a reason why the title "Identity" is used and only at the end will you know the reason. It is not your typical thriller movie, one guaranteed to spur up your perceptions of life. Now that I mention it, "Memento" is one such classic movie as well. The ending is a true stunner. Totally thought provoking and off the charts of what you can imagine. So don't try to figure the ending out, enjoy the movie for the shocks a thriller is suppose to have and be amazed with the way the story was built up, leaving you no clues about the "truth". Ten teenagers are stranded at a motel (Reminds me of a movie with a similar plot, "Vacancy", which may be of a low production but a truly intense one as well, definately worth watching) and they are slowly killed off one by one. Somehow, they are linked and John Crusack is determined to find the "truth". The entire movie is just an average, but the ending is a total mind blower. You will find yourself pleasantly pleased with this movie should you risk your 1 and a half hours heeding my advice.

No comments: