Monday, December 24, 2007

Fracture

Rating: 6.5/10
Genre: Thriller
Overall value for money and time: 6.1/10
I came out "fractured" after the movie. I watched this movie because it is of my favourite genre and of course, there's also Anthony Hopkins in it. However, even with such a top class actor, he couldn't save this film from being a lower class movie. It's quite a dull movie, almost no action in it with massive loads of dialogue. The ending is just unsatisfying and the build up isn't all too terrific as well. A disappointment for me I must admit, because the only thing it satisfied me was... my curiosity. This movie is about a husband who found out that his wife was having an affair. He shot his wife, signed a confession and was about to be convicted of being guilty when the evidence didn't tally. The evidence against him was all void and an egoistic lawyer finally meets his match. This movie is similar to "A Prefect Murder" and perhaps other typical "Perfect murder where you kill your wife cos of adultery" movies. This one is slightly different in the sense that the murder takes place at the start, and you know for sure who the murderer is. The suspense doesn't lie in who really killed the wife, instead of how is Anthony Hopkins going to get away with it, or even if he does get away with it.

No comments: