Friday, December 21, 2007

Rocky Balboa

Rating: 6.9/10
Genre: Action
Overall value for money and time: 6.5/10

I'm not a Rocky fan, I may have watched segments of the prequels on TV before but I don't recall ever watching a full Rocky movie. Therefore, I will only critique on the lastest installment of the Rocky series., "Rocky Balboa". I watched it out of curiosity. I mean, after such a long while, another movie is made on Rocky again. There must be something classic about it to make such a bold move. And there is. Despite the low rating, this isn't a bad film, just not my type of movie. It's not entirely an action packed movie, but more on how Rocky handled his older years in life as a retired boxer. This movie might appeal more to the mature audiences, where an aged Rocky wants to make the most of his life. Deep inside, his passion for boxing has not died, and decides to step into the ring one last time to battle the present boxing champion. This is a movie about battling the odds and finding oneself again during the darker years in life. Be advised that this is not a cool, grand boxing show like Rocky's previous movies but one that's more... I would say... closer to the heart.

No comments: