Sunday, December 23, 2007

A Clockwork Orange

Rating: 7.3/10
Genre: Crime
Overall value for money and time: 6.9/10

In my opinion, I feel that this movie is highly overrated. Perhaps I'm just not one who can appreciate such "artistic" movies, which is also the case for "American Beauty". Somehow, I felt that it was rather a merry-go-round movie. The coincidences are too exaggerated and while it does touch on some issues of psychology and repentment, it doesnt touch too much on logic. It's a movie that's more disturbing than entertaining. Not a movie for me, but I didn't regret watching it either. The movie is about a group of vicious young lads who goes around torturing, beating, raping, and robbing people. Finally, the leader of the gang is caught and undergoes personality conditioning, a one way ticket out of jail. However, not everything goes as planned. This is one movie that opens up your mind and creates a deep impression, though not necessarily a good thing.

1 comment:

Pimchanok Ruxsakiat said...

i couldn't agree more, although i don't regret watching it but half way through i shut it down.