Saturday, December 15, 2007

Welcome to my world of the movies!!

Movies are a part of our lives. It doesn't matter if you are a movie fanatic, or simply a social movie-goer. There has to be at least one movie everyone would have watched once in their lives. Be it in the cinemas, or on television, during a lecture, or even during a seminar, movies could be screened for almost any occasion. Simply put, the reason movies are made, are so that there will be viewers. With different viewers, come different critiques, different opinions and different perceptions of the movie.

The definition of a movie is: A sequence of photographs projected onto a screen with sufficient rapidity as to create the illusion of motion and continuity (as quoted from http://dictionary.reference.com/). So, my definition of movies include drama serials to documentaries, even short films, in other words, any programmes you see on television to the cinemas will be talked about in this blog of mine.

Personally, I'm quite a movie buff. The reason is simple. Movies open another window in life. It takes you away from your mandane life in the duration of the film and puts you in another "world". It's somewhat like a fairytale story, but it doesn't always end the fairytale way. The reason for me coming up with this blog is simple. My memory will fade in time, and there are some really good movies out there which aren't really well known, or well publicised. I hope to immortalise my experiences as well as provide insights, recommendations and previews for the movies you might consider watching.

I haved watched countless films through the course of my life, many of which I have forgotten. But I will do my best to recount those memories so as to give you as thorough a preview of the movie as I possibly can. Whether you take my advice, or agree to my views, are entirely up to you. So don't come cursing at me for a good critique about a movie which you feel conned into watching. Still, I hope to at least give you a guideline to decide on spending your $$$ or time on. I can't guarantee I won't post spoilers in my blog, but I will try my best not to. Without further ado, let's start the films rolling!!!

No comments: