Saturday, August 9, 2008

Juno

Rating: 5.8/10
Genre: Comedy
Overall value for money and time: 5.6/10

Well, I stayed away from this movie for a long long time. When it was first screened at the local theatres, I thought I would never have watch this movie - a movie about teenage pregnancy. Due to the good reviews from imdb.com as well as my friend's reccomendation, I decided to give it a try. Not surprisingly, I wasn't fond of the movie. A girl's first sexual experience landed her into an unplanned preganancy. Deciding to keep the baby but not as her own, she decided to give it up for adoption to a married couple having difficulties with conceiving. Known for her role in "Hard Candy", the lead actress has this repelling force which turns me off - in simple english, I don't like her. This movie almost felt like another pedophillic film in the midst of it, perhaps "icllihpodep" since I felt she had a little crush on Jennifer Gartner's husband. It wasn't put blatantly but I was given that impression when she kept popping over at their house. Opps, a slight spoiler here but the course of the movie is pretty much predictable. I think it's greatly over-rated for it's just an average popcorn movie. Nothing memorable about it...

No comments: