Sunday, February 23, 2014

That Girl in Pinofore

Ratings: 5.4/10
Film Class: C
Genre: Comedy Musical

A teenager works to build up his parents music pub after failing his exams and was dropped out of school. Together with his best buds, he joins a music competition, meets a group of girls and falls in love with one of them. However, she's from a higher status family, and suffers from a heart disease that threatens to strain their relationship. 

I felt this to be a poor imitation of Jay Chou's movie-musical Rooftop, a retro comedy musical. Even that said, I found Rooftop too cheesy for my liking. Songs were quite catchy in this film, rather localized, rather personalized. However, other than the eye-candy lead actress Julie Tan, there was nothing worth cheering or tearing for. 

It's such a "juvenile" teenage film that it made me lose interest 30 mins into it. It might appeal to you, but it sure repelled me. One of the bad DVD buys but for all that its worth, at least my curiosity was satisfied. 

A sure fire miss for most. 

No comments: