Saturday, April 2, 2011

Time Traveller: The Girl who Leapt Through Time

Ratings: 5.0/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Drama

A school girl, Akari leaps through time to find her mum's first love, believing that it was the only way to bring her mum out from her coma. Back in time, aided by another school boy Ryota to search for her mum's first love, she also experiences what it's like to fall in love.

I had hoped so long to catch this movie on DVD since I missed it in the theatres. Got it, watched it, and was utterly disappointed. Adapted from a manga series, the movie should have been of decent viewing. But it was just boring, confusing, and rather redundant. Didn't learn anything out of this movie, didn't receive any satisfaction from it and I didn't know why in the world was I even so hyped up about it in the first place.

The title and the poster are the most marketable items of this movie, the trailer would have shed insight into what this movie would have promised which I unfortunately didn't catch. Slow paced, weak script and story. Decent performance by the cast but it's barely enough to salvage this movie. Time wasted watching it and I shan't waste any more time on my reviews as well.

No comments: