Monday, June 15, 2009

Monsters Vs Aliens

Rating: 6.5/10
Genre: Comedy
Overall value for money and time: 6.2/10

Caught this movie in 3D and it was one of the most amazing movie experience for me. Everything came to life right before my very eyes despite it being an animated film. 3D movies are a must see, as it warps you into a more realistic world of spatial dimensions. I could almost feel myself being in the movie. However, apart from the 3D effects, this movie wasn't that fantastic.

Humour was prevalent, so was plot, but the overall package lacked impact. I didn't leave the cinema feeling awed, it was just another feel good movie for me. It could be due to the dragginess in the character development of Susan (main lead), or perhaps the sound effects were a little soft in contrast with the dialogue.

A meteorite falls on an unsuspecting bride-to-be (Susan), turning her into a gigantic woman. She is then taken to a secret facility where monsters are kept. When aliens start to invade Earth, the monsters are our only last hope of survival.

No comments: