Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Winter's Tale

Ratings: 5.0/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Fantasy Romantic Drama

Beverly Penn: What's the best thing you've ever stolen?
Peter Lake: I'm beginning to think I haven't stolen it yet. 

A burglar breaks into a heiress's home and the chance encounter forever changes both their lives. It's a romantic story, horribly portrayed with the confusing mix of scenes, spiced with an out-of-this-world plot. Angels, devils and Lucifer all star in this rather seemingly "normal" movie. It's not your ordinary love story, it's a movie about miracles... saving that red head girl which will disrupt evil's plans. 

If you're wondering why my brief synopsis of this swings full spectrum, it's because it is what it is. I couldn't come to terms with what I was watching, same goes for my poor wife who had to sit through this deceivingly romance-promising movie with me. You see, it featured the song "Wings" by Birdy in the movie trailer, which I used on my wedding day. I had wanted to "relive" that romantic memory, but it came nowhere near the romance I had hoped for. The only touching part was when Collin Farrell watched a playback of an old static footage. 

I think the romance factor was overshadowed by the fantasy part, making Winter's Tale a sad, gloomy addition to anyone's movie library. At the end of it, I'm almost certain you'll ask yourself... "What the hell did I just watch?" So skip it, it's a winter you don't want to go through. 

No comments: