Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ParaNorman

Ratings: 7.1/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Animated Comedy

A young boy able to see the supernatural is outcast and misunderstood by those around him, including his family. Entrusted with a new duty to save his town from a centuries-old curse, he must overcome odds and situations that put his life in danger, risking it all to save the townspeople who never appreciated him... 

An interesting take on the supernatural, animation style, and I liked how they pun-ned the title. The jokes are quite fresh, but none too overwhelmingly memorable. There isn't much of a climax in this one, which makes it rather forgettable. 

ParaNorman kinda feels too kiddish for me, the witch wasn't that scary, and the zombies were just "cartoon" (daft). Other than spirits, zombies and a witch, I thought I would see other supernatural beings, but that's basically the end of the list. Even the ending wasn't impressive, leaving me pretty unsatisfied. Perhaps I would be better off betting my chips on Hotel Transylvania? Or not? (TBC)

No comments: