Thursday, November 15, 2012

Iron Sky

Ratings: 4.0/10
Film Class: C+
Genre: Spoof Action Comedy

I kinda hated myself for sitting through this even though I knew I had it coming. Just because more than 10% of the film's funding comes from fans doesn't make Iron Sky any special, or different from many other flop movies. 

The plot was detrimental to my intellect. It was so insanely crappy I couldn't even force myself to laugh. The saving grace of it was the lead actress, an absolute eye candy... and the only thing which kept me going... 

The Nazis set up a moon base, and is compromised when the Americans discovered its existence. Actually, America sent 2 astronauts to the moon, only one survived but he was unable to notify the rest of America. Thankfully, with the help of his wits and a little "white truth", he was able to return back to Earth with the Nazi troops, headed by a villainous Captain in Command, Klaus Adler. Klaus Adler wanted to take over planet Earth, but things didn't turn out as planned, as a running Presidential candidate also has a devious plan in mind. 

Well, that's Iron Sky in a nutshell. 

It doesn't sound that bad does it? Let's just say it's similar to spoof movies like Scary Movie and Superhero Movie, which it is. The lines, the plot, the development, the humor, everything was so awful that I couldn't even believe anyone would bother making a movie like this.  

No comments: