Monday, August 13, 2012

The Three Stooges


Ratings: 6.8/10
Film Class: C+
Genre: Slapstick Comedy

The Three Stooges is about 3 obnoxious orphan kids, Moe, Larry and Curly who grew up in the Sisters of Mercy Orphanage. In time to come, the orphanage was forced to close down, unless they were able to raise $830,000. Hence, begins the quest of the 3 stooges into the "real" world to help raise the funds to save their orphanage. 

The movie is composed of 3 episodes, lasting 92 mins. Think of it as a 3-episode mini series lumped into 1 big movie. I'm sure you know by now that The Three Stooges is a remake of the classic short films back in our Grandpop's days. I'm not a granddad but I've heard of it, though I haven't seen any clips of it. 

The genre falls under Slapstick Comedy, which means you won't have to bring your brains along to catch it. The level of intellect required is on par with Austin Powers and Dude Where's My Car, and the  senseless "violence" was rather unnecessary for that few moments of laughters - it wasn't even that funny. 

However, the movie did give me several (3 parts I think) pretty good laughs, with a rather touching scene at the end of episode 2. Thank God I left my brains at home, and I was kinda prepared for the lame and forceful humor. I'm sure you'll feel ripped off if you caught it in the cinemas, but it's a decent comedy if you're looking to throw away your long list of to-do stuff at work for a good 1.5hrs. 

And before I end off, I must say, the 3 actors were seriously awesome as Moe, Larry and Curly whom I was never acquainted with. Moe reminded me of Dumb and Dumber, a little hint of Jim Carrey, and Larry and Curly were spastically funny as the main supporting characters. 

No comments: