Monday, April 19, 2010

Funny People

Rating: 4.9/10
Genre: Drama
Overall value for time and money: 4.8/10

Story: 1/5
Comedy: 0.5/5
Crude Humor: 1/5 (crude jokes, without the humor)
Logic: 1/5
Cast: 3/5 (there's even Eric Bana!)

The movie title is highly misleading. Funny people... it would be more apt to name it "Weird People". I just didn't get the story. I didn't get what the director was trying to put across, this movie not only didn't work for me, it highly disappointed me. A 2hr+ movie... 2 hours of my time wasted. The movie title and the cast made me feel extremely cheated. You can't blame me to expect something good from a movie with the title "Funny People", starring famous comedy actors like Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen can you?

There wasn't anything I liked about this movie... it got weirder as the story developed... even developed even is a right term for it. The story felt like it was all over the place, with no rationale and most of the time... doesn't even make sense. One would have no idea what the director was trying to put across... weak, weak, weak plot...

I shan't waste anymore time on giving my critiques for this movie, but before I end off, I still ened to include a synopsis for it, hoping to save your 2 hours of time. A rich and famous comedian discovered that he had an untreatable blood disorder and has less than half a year to live. He decided to take in a struggling stand-up comedian as his assistant, and as his only friend.

Beware folks, this is not a sob story, not a comedy, not an eye-opening, life changing, makes you wanna reflect on your life kinda movie... this is a movie that fails on every level. Watch it only if you do not know what a bad movie is.

No comments: