Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Johnny English Reborn

Ratings: 6.8/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Action Comedy

While this movie did entertain me, I don't think it's deserves a high rating because it wasn't fantastic. It's prequel Johnny English wasn't that good in the first place, so I didn't set my expectations too high when catching it. True enough, the jokes were abundantly lame, but there were a couple of good lines here and there.

Johnny English is back after being punished for the failure of a mission and pits himself against Chinese assassins, only to uncover a conspiracy involving a mole in his agency. Framed and backed by his new rookie sidekick, he must clear his name and stop yet another assassination. 


It's entertaining to see Rowan Atkinson in action but not to discredit his talent in any way, I thought the "material" in this movie wasn't strong. It didn't bring out what could have been a f***ing hilarious movie experience. I did like the closing credits scene though, it reminded me of Rowan Atkinson's "original" material (from his standup shows). 


*spoilers ahead* The Chinese aunty assassin was annoyingly amusing and one of the lead actress, Rosamund Pike was a liberating eye candy to the aged cast.

This movie could be a waste of money, but not a waste of time. If there's ever a 3rd, you can be sure that I'll almost definitely put up a post about it. 

No comments: