Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hanna

Ratings: 7.0/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Action Suspense

Raised in the snowy woods of who-knows-where, Hanna was trained by her father to be a first class assassin. However, as she grows older and starts to wonder what the world out there has for her, she succumbs to temptation to press a red button... a button which her father warned that once pressed, there's no turning back.

Saoirse Ronan (darn it's so tough to spell and to pronounce her name) shines once again in this suspense action film about an unbeatable assassin let loose in the "real" world. It's such a delight seeing her in action because in every movie she acted in, she not only brings out her character, she delivers them with such finesses. Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett were no exception, even though it's expected of them since they're such veteran stars, there wasn't an instance which ignited any disbelief in their roles.

That being said about the casts' performances, the storyline was predictable and rather disappointing. The progression of the plot and the film techniques were rather unconventional. You either like it, or you don't. I, didn't like it. I rather hated the jarring soundtrack, the intention may have been to inject intensity, but to me it just felt irritating and distracted me from involving myself with the characters. Still, the opening and ending lines were original and pretty cool.

I would like to say I love it, since Saoirse starred in it and it was one of my highly awaited movies of the year... but I know it's just going to be another forgettable film in the months to come.

No comments: