Friday, October 1, 2010

The Other Guys

Rating: 8.0/10
Film Class: B
Genre: Action Comedy

Two New York detectives who are complete opposites pair up to uncover a conspiracy after the city's top cops went out of action. Period.

Simple plot, made confusing by the "conspiracy" and weak twists in the movie. At the end of the movie, even though I didn't quite understand the development, the one thing which really blew me away was the synergy between Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg. I'm not a fan of Will Farrell, in fact I used to believe all his movies were flop until this film. Mark Wahlberg, on the other hand, is a star which I really like and its so refreshing to see the lamest side of him in this movie.

The humor was simply explosive!! I kept laughing throughout and not only were there tears of laughter, there was also cheek and stomach cramps from the mixture of lame and witty humor. Fitting for most audience, those bored, those having a bad day, those who wants a good time, those chilling out with friends, even good for couples and those who can't tolerate spoofs but loves a movie which doesn't require too much thinking. It has been a while since a movie of such explosive humor has been out, so don't miss it!! Oh oh, and did I mention that Samuel L. Jackson and Dwayne Johnson were equally as corny as well?

No comments: