Thursday, May 15, 2008

Speed Racer

Rating: 5.5/10
Genre: Fantasy

Overall value for money and time: 5.2/10

From the Japanese animated series comes the movie version of Speed Racer, brought to you by Wachowski brothers (creators of "Matrix"). Sounds almost perfect doesnt it, which was the reason that convinced me to watch it. The trailer turned me off, with all the CG, making it feel a little too fake for me. I gave it a go anyway and I must say, I wasn't totally disappointed. Fortunately, the ending saved this movie. Apart from that, the opening and the build up was draggy. The humour is exceptionally lame. Also, Matthew Fox from "Lost" added some coolness to the movie. There's also Rain in this movie, though I'm not too fond of him and his character didnt have an outstanding role. This story revolves around a young boy, Speed Racer, who fantasizes about racing since young and his older brother is one of the race champions of all times. However, when his brother died in a racing accident, his family changed. When he grew up, Speed Racer realises that racing is a dark underground business, and only he, has the ability to change it.

No comments: